Member Benefits

Using Your Aquarium Membership

• Membership privileges include unlimited Aquarium admission, access through Members’ Entrance, exclusive events and travel opportunities, 10% savings on gift shop purchases, discounts on IMAX or River Gorge Explorer tickets, 15% discount at any Big River Grille or Blue Water Grille, and free subscription to Riverwatch.
  • Become a Contributing Member to help support the Aquarium's Education and Outreach Programs and receive additional benefits. *Memberships are 100% tax deductible under Internal Revenue Service guidelines. Member privileges subject to change. Memberships are not transferable or refundable.
  • Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase. To find out the expiration date of your membership, refer to the address label of your Riverwatch, call us at 423-267-FISH (3474) or ask a cashier during any visit.
  • When visiting, please check in at the Members’ Reception entrance in River Journey or the IMAX box office when visiting the IMAX Theater as your first stop.  A photo ID and membership card is required for each adult listed on the membership.
  • Present your driver’s license or another photo ID at the Member’s Entrance of River Journey for Aquarium admission on your first visit.  Photo cards will be issued to the adults listed on the membership.  Children will not be photographed.  After renewing, please continue using your original cards which are updated in our system. Replacements for lost cards may be picked up at the Member’s Entrance of River Journey. At this time there is no fee for replacement cards.
  • After checking in and receiving entry tickets, be sure to keep your membership card handy when entering River Journey, Ocean Journey and/or the IMAX Center. You may be asked to present it along with your tickets, at any or all locations.
  • Bringing guests on your next visit? Purchasing IMAX tickets? You may purchase discounted Aquarium guest tickets and IMAX tickets at the Members’ Reception entrance in River Journey or any ticket window.  Aquarium prices for guests of members are $22.50 per adult and $13.95 per child (age 3-12).
  • To ensure your River Gorge Explorer excursion or IMAX movie of choice doesn’t sell out before you arrive, call our central reservations department at 423-265-0698 to reserve IMAX tickets. Reservations are recommended.  Member Ticket Prices are: River Gorge Explorer - $24 per adult and $18 per child (including infants). IMAX Theater - $6 per member.
  • Membership cards & member admission tickets are non-transferable. They are not valid for resale. They are valid only for the persons listed on the membership record.
  • Remember to renew online BEFORE your visit. You’ll help save the cost of future mailings. More questions? Send us an e-mail or give us a call at 423-267-FISH (3474) .

Membership FAQ'S:

Q: I just became a member, now what?
A: As an Aquarium member you’ll enjoy unlimited Aquarium visits and exclusive discounts. Read the section above for more about your membership.

Q. Is my membership good from the time of purchase or for a calendar year? 
Your membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase, so you receive a full 12 months of Aquarium fun.

Q. Who is included on a family membership?
One or two specified adults and your children or grandchildren in your household age 18 and younger. 

Q. How do I add extra guests to my membership?
You may add an extra unspecified adult to any membership for an additional $40. Also, members who bring guests receive a discount off guest tickets. Members must accompany their guests to receive the discount.

Q. When will I receive my membership card? 
If you’re planning a visit to the Aquarium and do not have a membership card, stop by the River Journey Members’ Entrance and present your driver’s license. You will be issued a photo membership card at the time of your visit. Photo membership cards eliminate the need for another form of I.D. and will be issued to the adults on the membership. Children will not be photographed.

Q. Can I visit before I receive my card?
Sure! Just bring a drivers license or photo ID and your membership number or a receipt verifying your purchase to the Aquarium’s Member Entrance for admission.  A photo ID is required for each adult listed on your membership.

Q. Why do I have to show a photo ID with my membership card? 
For members without a photo membership card, we want to protect them should their cards be lost or stolen. The Tennessee Aquarium is a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership and attendance for support. We must prevent misuse of membership cards or any abuse of member privileges.

Q. Can I lend my membership card to a friend or family member? 
A. No. Aquarium memberships are valid only for the persons whose names appear on the cards.  Membership cards or admission tickets are not transferable to others and not valid for resale. 

Q. Can I use my membership to bring my church, scout troop or other group?
A. No. Memberships are not designed for groups or transferable to other people who are not listed on your membership application.

Q. How can I replace a lost or stolen membership card? 
You can request a replacement membership card by contacting the Membership Department at (423) 267-FISH or by making a request at the Aquarium’s Member Entrance. At this time, there is no fee for replacement cards.

Q. Do members receive free admission to IMAX?  Is there a membership to the IMAX Theater?
A. No. There is no separate membership or unlimited admission to the IMAX Theater. As a member, the cost for an IMAX movie is $6 per member (ages 3 & older) not including feature-length movies.

Q. Do members receive free parking?
No. The parking lots around the Aquarium charge a fee of $5 to $9 depending on the time of year.

Q. I've already renewed my membership, but I continue to receive renewal notices. Should I be concerned? 
If you have recently renewed your Tennessee Aquarium membership, please feel free to contact the membership department with any concerns.

Q. Is my membership payment tax-deductible? 
All or a portion of your membership contribution may be tax deductible as allowed by law. You should consult your tax preparer with specific tax questions. 

Q. Is my Tennessee Aquarium membership good at other zoos and aquariums? 
Tennessee Aquarium members receive discounted admission to Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, Knoxville Zoo, Dollywood and Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga. Other zoos and aquariums may honor Tennessee Aquarium memberships but it’s up to each facility to make that determination. Please contact the membership department of the zoo or aquarium prior to your visit for information about their specific admission policy.

Q. Are strollers and wheelchairs available for rent? 
All exhibit galleries are fully accessible. Wheelchairs are available for rental on a first come first serve basis (no reservations). The rental fee is $7 (members receive a 10% discount). A driver's license is required to hold until the unit is returned. The wheelchair rental is located near the exit in the River Journey Gift Shop.  Strollers are permitted on most days, and back packs are free for toddlers. For your safety, strollers and crocs (or similar soft shoes) are not allowed on escalators; however, elevators are available in all buildings.

Don't see your question here? Let us help! Please contact the Membership Department at (423) 267-FISH (3474) or email us for more information.

The Tennessee Aquarium is a non-profit institution.
See how you can help support our many education, conservation and research programs.

Copyright 2010 Tennessee Aquarium

One Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN  37402
Phone: 800.262.0695 | Fax: 423.265.2871
webmaster@tnaqua.org