• Unlimited Aquarium Visits - Come all year for FREE! Visit for an hour or two or stay all day. There's always something new to see and do. An Aquarium membership pays for itself in about two visits.
• Priority Admission - Use the Member's Entrance for immediate access to River Journey and Ocean Journey. You can even reserve IMAX tickets at no additional charge.
• Members-Only Discounts -- Save on IMAX or River Gorge Explorer tickets for each person on your membership.
• Events & Trips - Around the corner or around the world, the Aquarium sponsors numerous trips, programs and classes and behind-the-scenes tours that inspire wonder and appreciation for the natural world.
• Discounts for your guests -- Members can get discounts on Aquarium, IMAX and River Gorger Explorer tickets for their guests.
• Discounts at any of the gift shops -- Get 10% off purchases from the River Journey, Ocean Journey and GEO (at IMAX) gift shops.
• Discounts on eats & treats -- Whether it's popcorn, candy and sodas at the IMAX Theater or hot dogs and ice cream at the refreshment center on the plaza, members get discounts on eats and other treats.
• Discounts at other attractions -- Aquarium members receive discounted admission to Zoo Atlanta, Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, Knoxville Zoo and Dollywood.
• Free subscription to Riverwatch - Rich in color, substance and news, "Riverwatch" is YOUR quarterly magazine. It will keep you up-to-date on Aquarium news, special events, sneak previews, summer camp and much more.
• Become an Aquarium Patron to help support the Aquarium's Education and Outreach Programs and receive additional benefits.
• Free subscription to "Tennessee Aquarium Insider e-newsletter" - Receive information on seasonal promotions, members-only previews and other enticing programs when you provide us with your e-mail address. Subscribe now.
Q: I just became a member, now what?
A: As an Aquarium member you’ll enjoy unlimited Aquarium visits and exclusive discounts. Read the section above for more about your membership.
Q. Is my membership good from the time of purchase or for a calendar year?
Your membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase, so you receive a full 12 months of Aquarium fun.
Q. Who is included on a family membership?
One or two specified adults and your children or grandchildren in your household age 18 and younger.
Q. How do I add extra guests to my membership?
You may add an extra unspecified adult to any membership for an additional $40. Also, members who bring guests receive a discount off guest tickets. Members must accompany their guests to receive the discount.
Q. When will I receive my membership card?
Please allow 3 weeks to receive your cards. If you haven't received your card after this time period, please contact the Membership Department at 423-267-FISH - Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (ET), or e-mail us and we will check on it for you.
Q. Can I visit before I receive my card?
Sure! Just bring a photo ID and your membership number or a receipt verifying your purchase to the Aquarium’s Member Entrance for admission. A photo ID is required for each adult listed on your membership.
Q. Why do I have to show a photo ID with my membership card?
The Tennessee Aquarium is a nonprofit organization that relies heavily on membership and attendance for support. We must prevent misuse of membership cards or any abuse of member privileges. We also want to protect our members should their cards be lost or stolen.
Q. Can I lend my membership card to a friend or family member?
A. No. Aquarium memberships are valid only for the persons whose names appear on the cards. Membership cards or admission tickets are not transferable to others and not valid for resale.
Q. Can I use my membership to bring my church, scout troop or other group?
A. No. Memberships are not designed for groups or transferable to other people who are not listed on your membership application.
Q. How can I replace a lost or stolen membership card?
You can request a replacement membership card by contacting the Membership Department at (423) 267-FISH or by making a request at the Aquarium’s Member Entrance. At this time, there is no fee for replacement cards.
Q. Do members receive free admission to IMAX? Is there a membership to the IMAX Theater?
A. No. There is no separate membership or unlimited admission to the IMAX Theater. As a member, the cost for an IMAX movie is $6 per member (ages 3 & older) not including feature-length movies.
Q. Do members receive free parking?
No. The parking lots around the Aquarium charge a fee of $5 to $9 depending on the time of year.
Q. I've already renewed my membership, but I continue to receive renewal notices. Should I be concerned?
If you have recently renewed your Tennessee Aquarium membership, please feel free to contact the membership department with any concerns.
Q. Is my membership payment tax-deductible?
All or a portion of your membership contribution may be tax deductible as allowed by law. You should consult your tax preparer with specific tax questions.
Q. Is my Tennessee Aquarium membership good at other zoos and aquariums?
Tennessee Aquarium members receive discounted admission to Zoo Atlanta, Nashville Zoo at Grassmere, Knoxville Zoo and Dollywood. Other zoos and aquariums may honor Tennessee Aquarium memberships but it’s up to each facility to make that determination. Please contact the membership department of the zoo or aquarium prior to your visit for information about their specific admission policy.
Q. Are strollers and wheelchairs available for rent?
All exhibit galleries are fully accessible. Wheelchairs are available for rental on a first come first serve basis (no reservations). The rental fee is $7 (members receive a 10% discount). A drivers license is required to hold until the unit is returned. The wheelchair rental location is located near the exit in the River Journey Gift Shop. Strollers are permitted on most days, and back packs are free for toddlers. For your safety, strollers and crocs (or similar soft shoes) are not allowed on escalators; however, elevators are available in all buildings.
Don't see your question here? Let us help! Please contact the Membership Department at (423) 267-FISH (3474) or email us for more information.